Tenenbaum Law, P.C. provides legal counsel to individuals and businesses facing New York State and IRS tax problems. Karen and the legal team at Tenenbaum Law can represent your clients and assist with any tax issues they may have, including:
- Sales and Use Tax – We represent taxpayers undergoing New York State sales tax audits. We seek to reach a reasonable resolution with the State as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Penalty Abatement – If you have been assessed significant penalties, we can evaluate whether a penalty abatement request is appropriate for you, and craft a persuasive submission.
- Tax Audit – We represent individuals and businesses under audit with respect to all types of tax, including income tax, sales tax, withholding tax and more. We respond to the audit and zealously represent your interests.
- Warrants, Levies, and Seizures – In certain cases, the IRS or New York State can pursue collection against a taxpayer, including levy, wage garnishment, or even seizure of property. We can discuss your rights and options and help protect you.
- Installment Agreements and Offers in Compromise – There are several options for taxpayers who have an outstanding tax balance. Dealing with the IRS or New York State on collection matters can be very stressful. We can assist you in finding a feasible resolution.
- Residency Audits – We represent taxpayers who are subject to NYS and NYC residency examinations. Feel free to contact us to discuss your matter. For additional background information on NY residency issues, consider reading our articles on the subject available on our website.
- Non-Filers – We assist taxpayers with delinquent tax returns from years past in an effort to clear up their tax problems. Under most circumstances, it is more favorable to come forward voluntarily than to be discovered by the tax authorities. Contact us to discuss options on how non-filers can become current with the IRS & NYS, and avoid penalties, lessen the risk of criminal investigation and collection action from substitute for returns.
Karen was selected as a New York Super Lawyer as a practitioner in Tax Law, Top 50 Women in Business, Top 100 Women Owned Law Firms, SmartCEO Future 50 Awards Recipient, along with numerous other awards and recognitions in her field.
Please give Tenenbaum Law, P.C. a call if you have questions or are in need of any assistance. Click here