The attorneys of Tenenbaum Law, P.C. recently presented at LIU Post College of Management on the topic of NYS Sales Tax Audits and Collections. Other professionals contributed their knowledge of civil and criminal tax controversy topics during the seminar, as well. Here are some notable points that were discussed:
- NYS announced an upcoming “Payment” page on its website for taxpayers to target payments to a particular tax type or period
- The State’s ability to impose a wage garnishment for back taxes without first filing a tax warrant was extended under recent legislation
- NYS has collected over $225M as a result of its driver license suspension program
- The new Commissioner of Taxation and Finance has asked the Department to give a “fresh look” at Offers in Compromise that would otherwise be denied due to a criminal conviction
- NYS Offers in Compromise that involve total balance due of less than $50,000 may be subject to a “triage” process to enable more efficient handling of cases
To catch us in action, consider attending one of our upcoming speaking engagements.
Submitted by Sheryl Katz on Tue, 09/08/2015 – 16:28