Jennifer Ann Wynne focuses on resolving Federal and New York State tax controversies, including Collection Issues, Liens, Levies, Warrants and Seizures, Offers in Compromise, Installment Agreements, Voluntary Disclosures and IRS Appeals.
Jennifer returned to Tenenbaum Law, P.C. in March 2016. Prior to rejoining the firm, she worked for Levitt LLP with a primary focus on complex business and commercial litigation, along with estate planning, Surrogate Court practice and drafting business agreements. Before that, she worked for Silverman Acampora, LLP as a commercial litigator and worked as an associate for Robert M. Rosen Esq. focusing primarily on litigation in the areas of employment, labor and education law. Prior to attending law school, she worked in the Tax Department for Henry Schein, Inc.
Jennifer graduated from Hofstra University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in 1991. While attending Hofstra, she was named to the Dean’s List and Provost’s List in addition to earning membership in the national accounting honor society Beta Alpha Psi. In September 1994, she received her license to practice as a Certified Public Accountant in New York State.
In 2001, she earned her Juris Doctor (With Distinction) from Hofstra University School of Law. As a law student, Jennifer received CALI awards for excellence in the study of Constitutional Law and Business Organizations and also received the award for Best Oral Advocate. Upon graduation she was awarded a Citation for Excellence in the study of Torts law.
- Admitted to practice in New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D.
- Hofstra University, B.A., Dean’s List, Provost List
- “Recent Tax Crime Arrests and New York State’s Voluntary Disclosure Program,” Nassau Lawyer, June 2017
- “Tax crime arrests are a warning for all non-filers” Long Island Business News, May 2017
- “New York State and the Internal Revenue Service: Grounding Taxpayers,” Nassau Lawyer, December 2016
In the Press:
- Quoted in “The Taxman Taketh,” Long Island Business News, September, 2016
- Quoted in “Claim Brought by Students Forced to Withdraw Proceeds Against School,” New York Law Journal, January 16, 2007
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- American Academy of Attorney-CPA
- NYU Tax Controversy Forum
- Long Island Tax Professionals Symposium
- Nassau County Bar Association-Tax Law Committee
- NYSSCPA -Nassau Chapter
- NYS Society of Enrolled Agents
- National Conference of CPA Practitioners-Nassau/Suffolk Chapter